The VP, Strategy & Business Development will be responsible for setting and executing the Company's business development strategy. The ideal candidate will have C-Level sales experience with the ability to foster relationships at the C-Level and boardroom leadership level, different verticals. He/She will also have experience selling in a cloud environment services, full stack development, Design Services, creating the opportunity for customers to transform their businesses and serve as a motivator for modernization.
- Set and execute aggressive customer acquisition strategies
- Provide detailed business development strategy focused on the top decision makers
- Manage overall business development process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Plan and manage at both the strategic, operational and tactical customer-facing levels
- Align with Strategic Account Executives, industry leads, and regional sales leadership teams to present a single front to represent a single vision for our customers.
- Interface with the product development and marketing organizations to help guide Public Sector product direction and production of tailored sales strategies
- Lead initiatives to ensure the continued development of C-Level customer strategic partner talent in the organization, and constantly focus on recruiting A players into the team Required
- Experience developing business opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in the following business disciplines: strategic planning, competitive assessment, development and implementation of strategic and operational plans, and business acquisition processes.
- In addition, a sound understanding of State and Municipal government procurement process, contracts, regulations, operations and sustainment services
- Technical background must be sufficient to develop and provide customer briefings
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required to develop external/internal papers, presentations, RFPs and business plans
- Bachelors Degree Required, Advanced Degree Preferred
- Candidates with East Coast residency is a plus
- Running revenue for major division hyper focused on innovation
- Strong track record of tailoring focused capture plan objectives, strategies and tactics in conjunction with quantifying and qualifying opportunities Interfaces directly with customer decision-makers to shape market opportunities
- Proven experience gaining access to decision makers and establishing strategic relationships and successes for long term partnerships
- Business development executive experience in a strategic enterprise sales environment within a highly matrixed, global organization
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with leaders in the public sector space